3 things about Maha Shivratri
There are innumerable messages to Kaartik Gor Consultations trying to understand importance of Maha Shivratri and understanding “WHY” behind the rituals and “advantages/Benefits” of following it! Lets us understand it in 3 simple steps
- WHAT – Maha Shivaratri as it is commonly called is the festival of Shiva and Shakti’s convergence. Shakti in wife of Lord Shiva and is commonly refereed to as Maa Parvati and is most important when we understand concept of creation in my “Logic Hai” class starting March 11, 2016
Shivratri generally occurs every month on the night of Chaturdashi Tithi (14th day as per Lunar Calendar and will be taught in LOGIC HAI Courses), Shivratri is known as the night of Lord Shiva. So today we are clear that Shivaratri actually happens EVERY MONTH on 14th tithi of Krishna Paksha (dark Half) followed by Amavasya. Amavasya is the darkest tithi and is commonly called “New Moon” when generally we go through our lows and depression and the LOGIC to it is since moon (controller of mind) is weakest but in contrast during Full moon we are very active hence Full moon party and meditations are held! Then what is Maha Shivratri? The Shivaratri occurring in the Hindu month of Magha, during Chaturdashi (14th day) of Krishna Paksha (dark fortnight), is known as Maha Shivratri.
2. WHEN – This is a million dollar question and most “Pandits” fail to understand the importance of “Chaturdashi” tithi which is the root to Maha Shivratri. So now let us understand importance of timing tithi to ensure we get maximum benefit out of Maha Shivratri, Chaturdashi starts at 12:00 PM on March 7th and frankly that is time Shivratri starts, however best time to pray is midnight which is the darkest phase of 14th tithi. Kindly understand that Maha Shivratri is actually all about cleaning your relationship quadrant of life and we shall discuss more during our workshop LOGIC HAI on March 11, 2016
3. WHY – For all logical souls WHY is a very important aspect to understand and satisfy, during my learning days (still learning) WHY was most important question I always asked to my Guru and myself to understand subject better. Let us make it simple and understand that we are born in a particular tithi (Pratipada to Poornima/Amavasya) and paksha (Shukla or Krishna) and each tithi has its advantages and drawbacks. The darkest tithi is Chaturdashi and people born on this tithi are usually struggling in matters of relationships/marriage and emotional quadrant of life. Lord Shiva being the savior as always got married on that day to ensure souls get out of relationship trauma. So if you are someone facing relationship issues then this could be an excellent remedy for you.
Things to Do:-
- Offering Bel leaves to Shiva if available
- Fasting on March 7 (Fruits are allowed)
- Start your journey to learn something new
- Rudra abhishek
- Wearning Rudraksha or recharge it if already wearing
- Let go of any heart break you have had in your journey of life
- Aum Jhum Sah – 1008 times
- Aum Namah Shivaya – 1008 times
- Meditate on Muladhara chakra with specific beejas from your Guru
We hope this article clears doubts you have over years and understanding 3 important factors – WHAT WHEN WHY
Kaartik Gor is renowned Astrologer and started his Jyotish journey at a young age and currently consults and teaches clients across the globe. He can be contacted via his Help-Desk team on firstname.lastname@example.org or Whats App +971555532511 for assignments.